Scout's Honor
Cheating. It's an ugly word, with ugly implications.
Yet, it is the most common transgression (look it up) among high school and college students. This is not limited to academic lives--personal lives as well suffer as a result of cheating.
What's the first thing that pops into your mind when you hear the word "cheated?"
How serious of a problem do you think cheating (the academic kind) is among high school students?
What about the "romantic" kind of cheating? What are you thoughts on that? Be honest.
Yet, it is the most common transgression (look it up) among high school and college students. This is not limited to academic lives--personal lives as well suffer as a result of cheating.
What's the first thing that pops into your mind when you hear the word "cheated?"
How serious of a problem do you think cheating (the academic kind) is among high school students?
What about the "romantic" kind of cheating? What are you thoughts on that? Be honest.
When I think of cheating I first think of relationship cheating. I think of someone doing their significant other dirty. The problem of academic cheating is a huge problem. Kids rather cheat off of others than receive a bad grade, I think cheating is such a huge problem based on the pressures of college and parental expectations. Every kid I've ever known has cheated in some aspect. It is such a commodity most don't even see it as cheating rather saving time. High-schoolers are always so time oriented they find anyway to save time. Cheating is alos used in that matter of a high-schoolers life. Cheating in relationships is a whole other ball park. They require different motives and different morals. Cheating on a human has a lot more implications than cheating on a paper. Cheating is so stupid! If you want someone else just break up with your significant other, save their heartbreak. Cheating is never the answer it only worsens situations and it is selfish. If you would cheat I believe your not mature to be in a relationship in the first place.
ReplyDeleteThe first thing that pops into my mind when I hear the word “ cheated” is relationship. I believe this is because the majority of relationships that I have seen fail are because of cheating. I think that cheating academically among high school students is very serious. Most if not all high school students have cheated before. I think that cheating in a relationship is very disrespectful and childish. If you feel the need to cheat on somebody you clearly don't love them as much and do not feel fulfilled in the relationship. Therefore instead of cheating that person should take the responsibility to either fix the relationship or end it, rather than embarrassing and disrespecting someone.
ReplyDeleteJust the word “cheated” makes me feel gross. I get a bad feeling inside, and I automatically feel some type of way. If a person cheated academically, I get angry and feel bad for the teacher because students are taking advantage of him or her. If I hear that someone has been cheated on, I immediately feel sorry for the person that was cheated on, and question the morals of the person that cheated.
ReplyDeleteI personally think that way too many high school students cheat. I get excited when I get a 70 on an AP test because I know that I tried my best without looking at someone else’s paper. I wish other people could have that same feeling instead of going with their instinct and looking at their phones or someone else’s paper during a test. As for homework, I do not think it is as big of a deal because the person copying the homework will either get caught or fail the test or even worse, not learn anything at all. I believe that karma will come back and bite them in the butt eventually so I try not to stress too much.
Romantic cheating. I’m lucky to say that I have never been in the position where my boyfriend kisses or does stuff with other girls, but I know people that have been cheated on by someone they trusted and most likely loved. I don’t know first handedly what the feeling is like, but I can see the pain that it causes. I have had friends that have gotten cheated on out of nowhere and it was unexpected. I sympathize for those people because one day life is good and you are head over heels in love with someone, and then 2 hours later you find out through a text message that the person you thought was yours and only yours was now with someone else. It hurts me knowing people get cheated on because no one deserves to carry the thought in their head that it was their fault or maybe they just weren’t good enough. I know as a girl that if I get cheated on, I would compare myself to the other girl for a long, long time and wonder what it is that I did wrong and what she has that I do not. Cheating is the ultimate way to hurt someone, and I firmly believe that.
When I hear the word “cheat” I automatically think of relationships. I don’t know why exactly, but I do. I honestly would never cheat on anyone because that can cause them to lose trust in other people around them and if someone truly loves you and you cheat, you can ruin their perspective of love for a long time. It’s really not hard to be loyal to someone and if you’re not happy, just break up with the person.I’ve seen people get cheated on and I’ve heard people talk about getting cheated on and if i’m being honest, I don’t feel bad sometimes because in certain relationships, the couple is already cheating on each other, in other words, they both have no morals and are hoes. I don’t know if I can say I was cheated on because we were only talking, but I expect someone to be loyal during the talking stage. If you consider that cheating than, yes i’ve been cheated on, but luckily not by someone I actually liked and cared about so it didn’t really affect me. I can only imagine how hurt I would be if I was in love with someone and they cheated on me.
ReplyDeleteAcademic cheating is very common in high school. I feel like everyone has cheated some point in their life, I know I have. I only take tests and quizzes seriously because I care about my grades and even though some people say grades don’t define who you are, I really disagree because your years after high school are based on your grades and other standardized tests. I’m not saying i’ve felt good when I cheated or i’m not saying I was always happy when I got a good grade when I‘ve cheated because I didn’t at some times. I’ve done it because I felt pressured to pass and not fail. Other people I’m guessing do it because just like me, they don’t want to fail and they feel pressured. It’s not ok, but than again, neither is trying to figure out a students intelligence using tests.
When I hear the word “cheated,” the first thing that comes to my mind is relationship cheating. However, academic cheating is a major problem as well. To be honest, I think it is more of a problem among AP or higher level students. I have noticed that this is because there is a higher level of stress and caring when it comes to work and grades. AP students stress about doing everything right and staying on top of their GPA, which causes a great deal of stress, which leads to cheating. The lack of time to complete assignments and the amount of work given triggers AP students to rely on each other to pass the class. On the other hand, students who don't care as much about their grades, simply just don't care to cheat. This is a problem because cheating will not prepare you for your career. If you don't learn the information by yourself, and accept failure, then you won't succeed in whatever you do.
ReplyDeleteI have two words for romantic cheating. If you have ever been cheated on, then you know where I am coming from. I think that cheating is the worst thing you can do to someone. What most people don't realize is that it can destroy you. It messes with your emotions and can make you view yourself differently. Being cheated on really changes you as a person. Knowing that, and having gone through it, my heart breaks for the people who go through it everyday.
When I think of cheating I think of the relationship kind. I think of how someone completley throws their relationship out the window and how they stab their partner in the back. Which ever cheating that comes to mind, either way it’s not good. When it comes to the academic cheating, everyone has done it at least once. We may not be proud of it but at some point in our lives we have slipped a peek at someone else’s paper. Some people do it by accident and some people do it because they didn’t study. Cheating isnt something to be proud of and it shouldn’t be done. Even I have cheated a few times to get an answer that I wasn’t to sure about. There is also the cheating you associate with relationships which In my opinion is way worse than the academic cheating. When you cheat on someone you are stabbing your partner in the back. Once you get caught cheating people look at you in a completely different way. People start to trust you less and treat you worse because of your cheating. You lose the respect of your friends and the people around you. Cheating in a relationship is just a scummy thing to do. You earn the trust and love of someone just to sleep with other people. Cheating is bad anyway you look at it and your better off failing the test or breaking up with your partner than cheating.
ReplyDeleteWhen I think of cheating I think of the relationship kind. When it comes to the academic cheating, I don't really care, if the person cheating wants to cheat let him, he won't learn that information. About 95% of graduates have admitted to cheating in high school before, I have cheated and you have cheated too. Cheating in relationships In my opinion is way worse than academic cheating because your not messing with numbers, your messing with feelings. What would you rather do make someone cry or make your grade go up? But anyway cheating will always happen so lets just not normalize it.
ReplyDeleteWhen I hear the word “cheated”, the first thing that pops into my mind is betrayal. My mind goes straight to a relationship where one person is stripped of their confidence and handed a sack full of trust issues. This is probably because I’ve been cheated on a few times in my day, or maybe it’s because the word of cheating in a relationship floats throughout the hallways more than cheating on a test. I just associate “cheating” with relationships more than I do with tests.
ReplyDeleteI think the academic kind of cheating is a serious problem. I feel as though students take it very lightly; they don’t understand the depth of it. But I think that feeling the need to cheat says a lot about education these days; a student would risk their reputation and integrity if it means that they get an A put in Genesis. I can’t say that I witness cheating on tests often, but when I do I find that it is in the higher level classes, surprisingly. I genuinely believe that this is because of the pressure and stress and the desire we have to get good grades. As backwards as it sounds, students tend to cheat because they care.
I could go on and on about the romantic kind of cheating. I mean I watched my boyfriend at the time kiss well over 5 girls at a party, so I’m sure you can imagine how I feel about it. I find no reason to cheat. If you don’t want to be with your partner then just say so; don’t ruin their outlook on love and trust in future relationships just because you’re not mature enough to handle a breakup the right way. Cheating is disgusting. It’s simple.
The first thought that comes to mind when I hear the word "cheating" is disloyalty. So, of course I only picture the cheating in relationships and not in school. Cheating ruins a lot of things, whether it's in school or in relationships. In school, cheating could kick you out of the school you’re attending and lower people’s opinions on you. On the other hand, in relationships cheating is taken a little more serious.
ReplyDeleteYou could ruin someone’s emotional point of view on love and create them to become a cold hearted bitch. And even if it’s yourself that’s being cheated on, it could often break your heart and self esteem. Although cheating is taken more serious in relationships, the cheating that occurs in school is also important. Students often think that it’s not a big deal and that nothing would happen to them. However, it is very serious and could result in a punishment to the student.
In relationships, I’m very serious about loyalty. I feel as though if you’re in a relationship there should be no point to cheat on your significant other. Whether it’s because a person isn’t satisfied about their partner or is tired of them, there’s always a better solution than cheating. Cheating is also a sin in the bible and is frowned upon hugely. Instead of cheating it would be way better to just break up and tell your partner the truth. Cheating not only breaks relationships apart, it also breaks the individuals apart, emotionally and physically.
When I hear the word “cheated”, the first thing that pops in my mind is sports. Sports are something I really enjoy and it’s just an instinct to compare a lot of things to them. But I hear cheated and think of when someone cheats in any type of sport. This could be taking performance enhancing drugs or just breaking the rules of the specific sport. I just think of a lot of heros that I used to look up to that have been caught cheating and then me losing all respect for them because of what they did. People who cheat in sports don’t deserve any records they accomplish, any awards they accomplish, and shouldn’t be in the hall of fame. You can look at the at baseball’s all time home run leaders and see that a lot of the top players did steroids but still get credit for the record, and this really upsets me. They should be off the list and have a list of the people who have worked hard and earned every ounce of accomplishment during their career.
ReplyDeleteNow when we are talking about the academic kind of cheating there is a serious problem, especially in high school. A lot of high school students cheat and they do it because it is so easy. You can’t be monitored 24/7 by teachers and kids will find ways to cheat and this is a problem. People care more about what grade they get instead of the information that they are being taught, so they will do whatever it takes to get the best grade. I really don’t know how we could stop cheating in high school because it is so hard to prevent with all the technology that kids have access to these days. Cheating is a part of life I guess and no matter what we do there will always be some sort of cheating out there and that really sucks. In the end the people who cheat will be the ones suffering while the people that do everything legit and give their all will be successful in the long run. Cheaters will get greedy, cheat too many times, and face the consequences.
Now the romantic kind of cheating might be the worst of all. It really just isn’t right to act like you love someone body and then go behind their back and cheat on them. You hear about this all the time and it truly is fucked up. You really have to be some sort of scummy human to go and cheat on your partner. If you don’t want to be with them anymore, then break up instead of putting on an act of fake love that you know is going to hurt them even more in the long run. I have no respect for people that go and cheat on their partner because you at the point are just a complete asshole that has no respect for people’s feelings. How could you could you backstab a person that loves you, is always there for you, and would do anything for you; it’s just so wrong. Cheating sucks but it will always be a real thing and we just have to be mindful of that.
There are many different variations of cheating. For me, it's cheating in relationships. I mean, I’m not afraid to admit that my dad cheated on my mom when I was still a little kid. Because I now know multiple people that have been cheated on in relationships. And I always wondered why. It's always been such a mystery to me how people like to think that cheating in a romantic relationship is like an extreme sport. Sooner or later, you get caught and you end up hurting someone who at one point or another, you loved. A person like me, couldn't live with that monkey on my back. It crazy how many people do it though. And then the person who gets cheated on, ends up coming back to the person that cheated on them. I get everyone deserves a second chance, but when it happens multiple times, for a boy or girl, that's when you need to pull yourself away. And some people just can't do that and it's dissapointing.
ReplyDeleteAs far as academic cheating goes, here at Oakcrest, it's no secret we all help each other out with schoolwork. I mean we have group chats to help out each other. But I don't like to think of it as cheating. Because, especially in my class, there are a lot of people that like to be right on all things academic because there's some sort of competitive tranquility in my class. I don't know what drives it, or inspires it, but at the end of the day, we all want straight A’s. Do I think that's a problem? Not at all because I'm all for competition. But it'll only become when it becomes obvious. And what I mean by that is when someone is blatantly trying to get the answers from someone without doing the work. And I don't think that happens at Oakcrest. But I can't speak for all high schools obviously. But cheating is something that's common with everyone, in some sort of variation.
When I hear the word “cheated“ I think of someone being cheated out of something whether that be, being cheated out of happiness, education or an opportunity. Usually when you’re cheated out of something it’s because of a bad person in your life trying to take something away from you. Now for some reason when I hear the word “Cheating“ I think of someone in a relationship being cheated on. Not sure why my mind thinks of the two words differently, but it just does. I have been cheated out of something and I’ve been cheated on several times so the word hold significant meaning in my life…unfortunately.
ReplyDeleteCheating in academics is super common. Everyone has cheated before, it does not matter who you are or where you go to school. It has become a serious problem because people are gaining credit that they don’t deserve and they aren’t even learning anything. I know people in the top 10 rank that cheat all the time claim that they’ve earned their spot. But honestly I don’t really care if people cheat because that isn’t my business. I just know that I love the satisfaction when I don’t cheat and get a good grade all by myself. If others want to go through their life with a dirty conscience never doing anything by themselves then they can do that, it doesn’t affect me. I think it’s kind of ridiculous that the school thinks that the academic integrity posters are actually going to do anything. Cheating is not something that you can stop because there are too many lazy kids who are going to do whatever they can to not do actual work.
As far as romantic cheating goes, it really sucks. I have been cheated on way too many times so I can fairly say that cheating on someone is really shitty thing to do. Cheating is the kind of thing that creates trust issues in people and that’s horrible because no teen should have to worry about every person they're with breaking their heart. But just like academic cheating, cheating in relationships will not go away either. Honestly I really hate talking about it because it brings back feelings that took me months to overcome. After being cheated on I felt like I’m not good enough or pretty enough to keep a guy around. It destroys a person's self-esteem and to me is one of the worst things you can do to another human being.
When I hear the word "cheated" the first thing I think of is the relationship kind of cheating. I normally hear that a guy cheated on his girlfriend because she wasn't giving him what he wanted. 50% of the time, it's because she wasn't giving him what he wanted sexually while the other 25%-30% of the time it's because he's tired of having the same thing and wants something new. This may seem that I think girls don't cheat but I think they're just as guilty. They can have the same reasons why guys cheat. It's a two way street not a no outlet zone when it comes to relationship cheating.
ReplyDeleteI think academic cheating is very serious. You're doing yourself a disservice not only to yourself but to your peers as well. When one person cheats, the teacher can't trust not one person but the whole class and it's not fair to the rest of the class. You're not doing yourself a favor when you just copy down someone else's answers because you didn't feel like doing it. Of course there are times when you forget to do an assignment and you need something in a pinch, I've been in that situation before many of times, but it shouldn't be a habit. You're taking someone's hard work and claiming it as your own and that's not fair to the person you copied off of. Of course it's disappointing when you fail a test or a quiz or assignment but there are times where teachers let you do test/quiz corrections and will take the best score. We all want good grades, we all want to get into our top schools. But it's not worth it when you cheated your way through high school and paying to fail college classes.
Romantic cheating sucks for both guys and girls. Guys get so emotionally invested in a girl or "whipped" as the young people say and when he gets his heart broken, he's crushed for months and the only thing he listens to is Marvin's Room. Girls also get emotionally invested in a guy and will spend literally all her time with him and block her friends out. When he cheats on her, she doesn't have anyone to fall back on because everyone told her so. She put up false hope and believed him when all he was doing was playing her like a fiddle. I've never been cheated on but I know my friends have and it sucks.
There are also times where people suspect that one person is cheating on their significant other while the other person is oblivious to everything. Then you're stuck between a rock and a hard place; do you meddle between a relationship that's been going on for 3+ years or do you mind your business and let the significant other get hurt. That's a situation that I'd never want to be in (other than actually being cheated on).
When I see the word cheated I automatically think of people cheating on tests. I think of relationships when I hear the word cheater. I’m not sure why since the only thing changing is the suffix. Either way these are both serious things. Academic cheating is something that’s happening world wide. It’s a huge problem. Students are either lazy and don’t want to put the work in or they’re so overwhelmed they cheat to lighten the load. No matter the reason it’s wrong. Cheating of any kind is wrong and can sometimes ruin a person. People can be expelled over this.
ReplyDeleteCheating in a relationship is one of the vilest things you can do. It can truly damage someone. The person being cheated on will have trouble trusting people and might constantly ask themselves what they could’ve done differently. I never understood why people cheat. No one is forcing them to stay in that relationship so instead of breaking someone’s trust and leaving deep wounds they should just break up with that person. I also can’t stand when people say it was a mistake. Cheating is not one mistake. You don’t just blink and then suddenly are getting naked with some girl/guy who is not your s/o. You chose to flirt with that person. You chose to get their number and you chose to hang out with them. You don’t get to use the excuse “it just happened” because it didn’t. I’ve never been on a situation like this but I’ve seen what it’s done to those around me.
If you ever really loved that person you wouldn’t do something so vile.
The word “Cheated” sounds grimy.
ReplyDeleteWhen I hear the word “Cheated”, the first thing I think about is how academic cheating could get someone kicked out of college, which reminds me why it should not be done since it is scary to think about.
Academic cheating is a serious problem among high school students. At the end of the day, a cheated assignment does not help anyone learn anything. There are two types of students who cheat. The first type is the “absolutely-lazy-student-cheater” type where they do not care about school at all, act up, and cheat their way through school because they have to according to their parents. The second type student-cheater is the one who is in AP/harder classes. Honestly, the main reason academic cheating exists at all is because of grade pressures, most common with students in harder classes surprisingly. A student who cheats does so because they are terrified to fail knowing the class is difficult, they have time restraints from workload, and they can feel as if they are not good enough to pass a class. A student could often find themselves in a scenario where passing a test could mean passing the entire course. Then during the test, the pressure gets to them, so they are tempted to cheat on a person who they know has most of the answers correct since they could forget what they studied and panic, not wanting to fail. Also, if a test has a topic never covered before that is worth x amount of points and one sees a person who knows how to do it, they cheat. Academic cheating results from these aforementioned reasons, not receiving proper help with a topic, or still not understanding a topic.
Thankfully, I’ve never been involved in a bad romantic relationship, but I can speak for everyone when I say that relationship cheating is wrong. I’ve seen the negative emotional effects of cheating on some of my friends/ people I know, see it in TV shows and movies, or hear the topic in songs (ex. Destiny’s Child’s “Say My Name”). Relationship cheating is painful in the aspect that one who cheats betrays their love and commitment for the other person. If a person is not willing to be committed to that other person, they should just be honest and end the relationship, not breaking their partner’s heart, stirring up their anger, and hardening their trust. People who are cheated on often torture themselves thinking whether or not they are good or attractive enough or thinking about what they did wrong in that relationship. I think temptation from attractiveness is often the issue behind cheating. For instance, when I watched a season 5 episode of “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air” (love that show), Will was engaged to his girlfriend, Lisa, and met another new girl from Philadelphia, Denise, who wanted to get with him. He found her appealing and almost went to her room with her when he remembered that he was engaged. Will was tempted to forget about Lisa with Denise throughout the episode, but he forced himself to resist her several times, even after Denise kissed him. In that episode, Will was used to his old habits of picking up girls, but was tempted to be with her until he realised he should not. Cheating of this ilk is worse because of its direct effect on emotions. Academic cheating deals with these emotions as well by a person thinking if they are smart enough or one having fears of failure. The difference, however, is that a person could control academic cheating whereas relationship cheating is beyond their control, which hurts more.
The first thing that pops into my mind when I hear that someone cheated, is that that person was unfaithful in a relationship, usually sexually. I know that flirting and making out with other girls is still cheating, but I hear that less frequently. Cheating, academically, is a HUGE problem. If you want to know how bad of a problem it is, listen to this. Cheating academically is so bad that people don’t even see it as a wrongdoing anymore. It is seen throughout all levels in academics, from CP to AP. Kids in CP often times cheat because they do not feel like doing the work, and would rather just get the information from someone else. Kids in AP oftentimes cheat out of desperation. They are willing to do anything to save their grade. They do not see an issue as long as they benefit. I’m not sure what romantic cheating is, but I assume it is when you cheat with another girl that you feel a stronger attraction to than the girl you are currently with, kind of like in those movies where a dude falls in love with a girl (usually of lower status) than his current fiance. If that is the case, just break off the relationship. That’s all I have to say. You only make things worse by playing a double life.
ReplyDeleteThe word "Cheating" brings an extremely negative connotation to mind no matter what you mean by it. So, if you were to ask me to state the first word that came to mind after hearing the word "cheated", I'd spew out the word "bad". Cheating is a bad thing but some people just can't help but to cheat.
ReplyDeleteIn school, people cheat to get ahead. They want a good grade, so they cheat. Some people plan to cheat, but some people really don't mean to and they do it on impulse. That doesn't make it alright to cheat on a test. But, some people just care a little too much about a grade. I feel like cheating in school is stupid due to the fact that if you're cheating you aren't really learning anything.
"cheating" brings relationships to my mind, and we all know what cheating is so i don't need to describe it, but yes that's what comes to my mind. I don't know why it does but it does, i don't really cheat in school unless its for homework and i honestly don't think that its that big of a deal unless its on a test, quiz, or like important stuff. Homework can somewhat be important but i don't think if students need some "extra" help on their homework that there should be a consequence UNLESS that person isn't doing good in the class and is like failing then cheating is a no no. Cheating in relationships is DISGUSTING. I personally have been cheated on so im 100% against that.
ReplyDeleteThe first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the word “cheated” is men. We live in a generation where men are expected to cheat. We see it happen so much that it has become normal.
ReplyDeleteI don’t think cheating is very serious at the highschool level. From what I’ve seen people cheat on small homework assignments but never anything major. The reason for this is because you can cheat all you want until test day. If you don’t know the material you will fail. Most kids that I know do their own work so that they score high on their test.
I don’t think we have problem with cheating on test at oakcrest. Our teachers very aware of what goes on in class.
To me if you can cheat in a relationship then you’re not in a relationship with someone you love. When you love someone you only want to be with that person. Cheating on someone is saying you're not content with what you have, or the person you're with is not enough.
The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of the word "cheated" is betrayal. When I think of the word I usually think of it in the context of a relationship. I guess because I see it done more amongst people in relationships than academics. Honestly, it might not even be because I see it more in relationships, it could just be because we often take it lightly when it's done academically. We don't feel bad about it or care what it could cost us as much as we do in relationships. A lot of us look at it as, "everyone does it so who cares." I think cheating in school is a serious problem, however, I feel like there aren't much consequences. Out of my experience in school I haven't seen much teachers point it out even though we all know it's being done. Cheating is taking the easy way out of your work. Many students do it for a variety of reasons but it doesn't make it right. I think that if there were consequences set in place when students do it- it won't be done as often. If the teachers don't seem to care I don't think students will either. My thoughts on romantic kind of cheating is that it is completely wrong and loses her or his trust. I feel like this is the number one thing that ruins relationships. I feel like cheating result in relationships most of the time because he or she wants something new or doesn't fully appreciate what they have. I think cheating is taking the easy way out even in the romantic kind because instead of telling that person you don't want to be with them, you go behind their back and play with their heart and emotions. Both kinds of cheating shows a person how weak they are and should never be done no matter the circumstance.
ReplyDeletewhen I hear cheated i think about a couple about how someone cheated on another person. how I feel from an academic pov then i feel like people who cheat on like hw and test either they did not take the time to understand the work that was given to them or they just did not understand the work that was given to them. and for people who cheat i have no sympathy for them i feel like they all should be beaten to death and they all are going to go to hell!!
ReplyDeleteThe first thing that comes to mind when I hear the word "cheated" is a relationship. I don't think cheating academically is a very serious problem unless it's something major like a test. If it's something minor like homework or extra credit or anything little then I don't see a problem with it, you're just helping out a friend. But when I think about cheating in a relationship it's just disrespectful and embarrassing. I feel as though if you're not happy in the relationship or you're losing feelings then you should let the person know instead of leading them on and then later cheating.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhen I hear the word cheating I always associate the word with the relationship kind of cheating. This is because of the constant talk of people cheating on each other in relationships all the time at Oakcrest. But when talking about academic cheating I believe it is a huge issue among high school students. I have witnessed first hand people cheating all the time off one another. Whether it's texting answers or sending pictures of homework students do it all the time. The thing students don't realize is that when they're cheating on someone they aren't learning the proper way to do something and they really aren't learning anything at all. Even students at the top of the class will cheat to maintain their spot or their letter grade. If a student is caught cheating I believe it should be enforced harshly because technically they're passing but they aren't getting any smarter.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately there are two types of cheating and both of them are bad. The other type of cheating is the one that occurs in relationships. When I think of cheating this is the type of cheating I think of. Relationships are destroyed all the time due to cheating especially at a high school status. I have witnessed cheating before my own eyes and it has even happened to my friends. Cheating in a relationships destroys all of the trust a couple have built up and the saddest thing about it is some people get cheated on and still come back and try to be with the person who cheated on them. Cheating is someone I hate to see and I feel bad for everyone who have had to go through it.
When I hear the word cheated, I always assume it's related to a form of cheating in relationships. Being that I'm around them constantly and that cheating is so common nowadays, I just expect it to happen instead of expecting the relationship to last. For me, it's a pretty big problem because it ruins the ability for someone to trust another with their heart. They have no more confidence to do what they've done before because they're scared another will cheat on them again.
ReplyDeleteFor school, however, cheating isn't that big of a problem. For one, it allows teachers to grade easier because it's all 0's. Another reason why is because if someone really is that lazy to not learn the information or do the work for it, they won't do well in college. It's easy to catch and easy to punish so for me it isn't that big of a deal.
Romantic cheating is one of the most worst things you could do to a person. Put it like this - you meet that special someone and you know that they're perfect for you. You do everything you can to give that person the world and treat them the best you can and boom. You catch them with another person after a year of hard love and it absolutely shatters your heart, self-confidence, and trust for anyone. This is why it's the worst thing to do in a relationship, at least if you care about that person.
When I hear the word ¨cheated¨ I automatically think about relationships. And even so I think about the male cheating with another female instead of the female cheating. In most cases males cheating are common now and partially accepted. Cheating is something that can break down the trust of a person. Being cheated on is a horrible feeling that no one should be put through. Some people take it to the heart and even commit suicide.
ReplyDeleteAlso when I think about cheating I think of school. I think of all the times I cheated off of someone, or took work from online to get the easy grade. But cheating in school is wrong because you dont learn anything for yourself.